It’s been a vintage year for dodgy science in government. We saw reports on cocaine that were disappeared, dodgy evidence to justify DNA retention, and some government advisors who estimated the cost of piracy at 10% of GDP, to media applause, and then failed to tell everyone they’d got the figure wrong by 1000%.
I found the instructions in the 27 February 2009 edition of MacUser UK. In short, the instructions are:
- Start with a panoramic image
- In Photoshop, resize it to a square image (I’m using 5000×5000)
- Invert the image (rotate 180 degrees)
- Apply the Filter>Distort>Polar Coordinates with the “Rectangular to Polar” option selected
- Spend the rest of the time cleaning up the joins!
Lip dubbed by students from the University of Québec – brilliant!
And how it was made:
Some rather unenticing hotel reviews…